J. Douglas Bird, DMD, MD
Dr. J. Douglas Bird is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He maintains a private practice with Harbor Oral Surgery, and hospital privileges at St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma and St. Anthony’s Hospital in Gig Harbor. Dr. Bird practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with emphasis in third molar removal, dental implant reconstruction, dentoalveolar surgery, and corrective jaw surgery.
Dr. Bird graduated with honors from Oregon Health Sciences University College of Dentistry. He completed a post-graduate residency program for oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University of Kentucky. He received his medical degree graduating with high distinction from the University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
Dr. Bird and his clinical staff also enjoy participating in service missions where they can provide oral surgery care to patients and surgery training to local dentists in various cities of Central America.
Dr. Bird is a member of the following Societies and Associations:
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Washington State Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association
- Washington State Dental Association
- Pierce County Dental Association
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society